We are excited to announce that this summer Unique Imaging Concepts is expanding our services to include UV Direct Printing! This is a huge step for our company, opening up a wide range of new opportunities for us to better serve our clients. With the arrival of our new large format flatbed UV printer, the Mimaki JFX200-2513 EX, we will be able to offer our clients direct printing on a wide variety of new substrates. Read on to learn more:
What is UV Direct Printing?
UV Direct Printing is a digital printing process that uses ultra-violet light to cure the ink as it is printed. As the printer distributes the ink onto the substrate, specially designed UV lights follow behind and cure the ink almost instantly. Because of this rapid curing process individual dots of wet ink do not get a chance to spread or soak into the substrate, resulting in prints that are detailed and vibrant. In addition, UV cured inks are weather-resistant and offer increased resistance to fading. UV curing also allows the flatbed printer to be used with nontraditional materials like acrylic, glass, and wood. In fact, this UV flatbed printer is compatible with most substrates up to 2” thick!
This printing process has the ability to print with white ink, increasing the visibility of images printed on clear and darker substrates. We can print clear ink to add a glossy finish to certain elements of your prints. Thanks to the latest advances in this technology, we can even layer ink in multiple passes to create textures for added dimensionality. There are many applications for these new features and we look forward to mastering this technology to better serve our clients!
Benefits of UV Direct Printing:
- Prints direct to virtually any substrate, including Wood, Glass, Acrylic, Metal, Plastic, Diebond, Foam core, Sintra, Gatorboard, and more!
- Print on substrates up to 2” in thickness
- 2-sided printing available on many substrates
- 2.5D “Texture Maker” semi-stereoscopic printing – add texture and dimension to prints by layering UV inks to create embossed letters, paint textures, and layer design elements
- Inks cure almost instantly, minimizing absorption and improving color saturation
- Ink cures to a durable, scratch-resistant finish
- UV inks are low VOC with no solvents used for a lower environmental impact
Unique Imaging Concepts was originally founded as a fine art dye sublimation printing company. For the last 15 years it has been our singular mission to provide our clients with the highest quality sublimation prints on the market. Rest assured, we are not leaving our sublimation roots behind! We will continue to offer all of our sublimation services and Chromaluxe products with the same relentless attention to quality and detail as always.
We hope to have our new Mimaki printer up and running and ready to work for you sometime in July, so stayed tuned for more updates!